Bright Blue is an independent think tank and pressure group for liberal conservatism. We are looking for a full-time senior researcher to join this ambitious, fast-growing organisation.
The successful candidate will be conducting qualitative and quantitative research, authoring policy reports and opinion articles, organising events, fundraising, and representing Bright Blue in the media and at external events. The role is ideal for a candidate with broad knowledge and interest in all Bright Blue’s policy areas, especially welfare, poverty and education.
- Creating new research ideas, drafting research proposals and seeking funding for our research work.
- Managing and editing the work of other staff to successfully deliver research reports.
- Conducting literature reviews, and designing and analysing polling, focus groups and depth interviews.
- Authoring independent research reports across on welfare, poverty and education.
- Generating imaginative and credible policy ideas.
- Commissioning and editing the work of experts writing pamphlets for Bright Blue.
- Devising and chairing a variety of Bright Blue events, including roundtable discussions and keynote speeches with high-profile decision-makers and opinion formers.
- Attending and representing Bright Blue at roundtable discussions and public events.
- Engaging with key stakeholders such as civil servants, special advisers, academics, journalists and politicians.
- Building a network of influential opinion formers and decision makers to contribute to our work.
- Writing regular opinion articles on welfare, poverty and education.
- Representing Bright Blue in the media.
- Becoming a recognised figure in the welfare, poverty and education policy world and commenting on the work of other opinion formers.
- Successful experience in welfare, poverty and education research and policy formulation.
- A belief in Bright Blue’s core values.
- A strong research background.
- An impressive academic record, including a minimum of an undergraduate degree (2:1 or above).
- Excellent writing ability, creative thinking and interpersonal skills.
- A self-motivated individual excited about working in a small business and who can work independently.
This position is based in London and the salary is according to experience.
The closing date for applications is Monday 29th January, 2018, at 6pm.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Sam Hall, Senior Research Fellow of Bright Blue, at email@example.com.